Did You Know?
Final Guidance for New York’s Sexual Harassment Training Release
On October 1, 2018, New York State updated the mandated sexual harassment prevention guidance for all New York State employers. In summary:
- All current employees must receive Sexual Harassment Prevention training that meets State guidelines. Ethan Allen HR Services clients are receiving direct communication about training resources.
- The deadline for employers to complete the initial sexual harassment prevention training has been extended to October 9, 2019 (was January 1, 2019).
- Employers are encouraged to provide training to new employees “as quickly as possible” rather than within 30 days of hire as stated in the draft guidance.
- For purposes of training, an “employee” includes part-time, seasonal, and temporary workers. It also includes all workers, regardless of immigration status.
- Only employees who work or will work in the state need to be trained. Employees who are based in another state but work in New York for a portion of the time must receive training.
- Final Sexual Harassment policy guidance was released and model policies and complaint forms have been released on this New York State website.
Contact us for details of requirements or visit the New York State website: https://www.ny.gov/programs/combating-sexual-harassment-workplace